Journal

Tuesday, August 3rd 2010.

Today I had a meeting with Tony and Julianne. I found out that Tony is retiring at the end of this year. It was suggested that I aim to have my confirmation early next year. It turns out that I will have to write a traditional confirmation document but I can enhance my presentation with the children's Storyboard animations.

Other relevant comments were that my ideas are probably fine but that my Literature review must be updated to have more references to current articles. I might also be able to remove my second research sub-question (i.e. "How can authoring instructional animations enable children to learn by teaching and participate in their own curriculum?") to give my thesis a clearer focus.

It also seems wise to change some of my main section titles into more commonly accepted terms:

 

Tuesday, August 7th 2010.

Deleting my "How can authoring instructional animations enable children to learn by teaching and participate in their own curriculum?" question also requires the deletion of three previous chapters from my Literature review. These were:

  1. Learning by teaching.
  2. Project based learning.
  3. Digital portfolios.

 

Friday, August 13th 2010.

I've added a new glossary section. Many common words such as idea, concept and abstract can have various meanings and interpretations.

The glossary has three columns.

  1. Word.
  2. Definition (in basic terms).
  3. Issues (a mini literature review if necessary on the etymology of the word).

 

Friday, August 27th 2010.

I've changed my research question / statement again. I'm now calling Storyboard "A cognitive theory for the creation of explanatory animations". I can't see any downside from this as it gives my work even more focus and structure whilst retaining my three research questions. I'll contact Tony and Julianne early next week for their input.

 

Main menu